A great chef knows that having the right tools can make all of the difference in the world. Some recipes can be labor intensive, and having a small appliance that can do a lot of the work for you is a smarter way to cook. Do you have a family of about four or less people and are looking to buy a food processor on a budget? The Cuisinart Prep 7 could be the perfect fit for you. With a wide array of features and a pocket friendly price, there is plenty this little gem has to offer that will add value to your family and save you time. Here are some great features that it has to offer that could make it a great addition to your kitchen.
Cuisinart Prep 7 Features
When it comes to food processors, the primary concern has to be the time it takes to clean them properly. This food processor is dishwasher safe which makes it easier to clean after you’re done using it and takes away the hustle of having to clean it manually.
The Lexan 7 cup work bowl that comes with the processor has a unique design which allows the user to have complete visual access to what is happening inside the processor courtesy of a transparent build. Even better is that the cup work bowl is virtually shatter proof. This goes a long way to ensuring that the user does not have to keep replacing it and does away with the worry of the work bowl breaking.
The mouth feed tube is large enough to allow you insert and mix whole fruits and vegetables. The one piece supreme wide mouth saves you the effort of having to chop your foods or ingredients to smaller pieces. Instead you can insert smaller vegetables and fruits as they are and chop the larger ones only a couple of times.
To make the slicing and dicing easier, the Prep 7 food processor comes with a stainless steel slicing, shredding disk, chopping and mixing blade. This way, the machine is more than capable of delivering results as expected and at the same time, the blades remain rust proof and durable.
When you’re working with pastry, you can automatically adjust the speed to ensure proper consistency of the dough allowing for better end results without having to put in equal work.
To ensure you get value for money, the food processor comes with a great variety of accessories to improve on the diversity of the product. This means you get to use it for a lot more getting even more value for your money.
To make sure that you do not have any set up problems or run in to trouble while trying to operate the product, it comes with a how-to DVD and with every purchase, you get a spatula, an instructional book or a recipe book.
There is a lot that the Prep 7 has to offer that makes it an attractive option. This model is among the top rated food processors on BogRitz.com and for good reason. It has received tremendous feedback from owners and some of the aspects of the Prep 7 that they really appreciate include:
· For what you get and what this machine can do, the price gives owners excellent value for the money.
· It runs on a relatively quiet motor so you do not have to worry about waking the kids up while you make breakfast.
· It is quite easy to maintain and clean. This is more so considering that all you have to do is shove the parts that need cleaning into a dishwasher.
· It is quite simple to use and for those that might face any challenges, there is the DVD that you can refer to.
· Cuisinart has pulled all the gates on the warranty coverage for this particular food processor. The entire unit has a 3 year warranty while the motor has a 10 year warranty against defects and performance issues.
· It is also pretty easy to set up.
On the downside, there are a number of concerns that are worth bringing to your attention.
· For starters, the complete unit is quite heavy.
· When mixing or working with liquids, they tend to leak out of the bowl which can be quite messy at times.
· The attachments are also somewhat flimsy. You have to be cautious with them to avoid breaking them.
Even though this food processor has a small frame and total capacity, it is a work horse that will earn its spot in the kitchen. It has managed to keep together the company’s mantra of making preparation of food an art while making your work easier. You can read the full review of the Prep 7 and see for yourself why this is a great choice for anyone looking to cut their workload in the kitchen. Retire the cutting board and let Cuisinart help save you some time while preparing your favorite recipes.