Having a juicer in your kitchen that you enjoy using every day can go a long way to ensure that it becomes a healthy habit that you will keep up with. As more people have discovered how juicing can elevate their diet, the more machines have hit the market. However, Omega is one brand that has been around for years and they continue to innovate to keep their position towards the top. Their latest juicer is the Omega NC800 HDS and it comes with some new improvements to ensure the user gets maximum juice from their foods. This model is a masticating juice extractor and it comes with some features that make it stand out from the crowd. It has not been out that long, but it is already the best rated Omega juicer on Veggie Files who rank juicers based on owner scores and feedback. Enough of all the hype, let’s see what this juicing machine has to offer.
What Makes The NC800 So Great?
- This machine is a horizontal masticating juicer. It is a cold press and slow juicer that enable the user to get maximum nutrients from the foods they want to extract juice from using this extractor.
- The juice extractor uses a single auger that rotates slowly at a rate of 80 rpm so as to squeeze and press the juice. As a result, you will have a nutritious juice or drink. The auger compresses and squeezes the food into tighter space. As a result, you will get the most juice from their leafy greens and other foods.
- The juicer comes with an adjustable end cap so as to give you a higher yield. You can use this end cap to maximize your juice yield over a range of produce. The cap enables you to make an adjustment when extracting juices from the softest foods and the hardest and the driest foods. By adjusting the end cap, the driest and hardest produce will stay in the juicing chamber for a longer period.
- The NC800 has a wider feed chute compared with other juicers, and you can, therefore, feed more produce. You can make more juice and drink within a short time.
- It comes with heavy duty parts made of Ultem auger that makes it durable. The NC800 Omega juicer also has a tough dual stage juicing screen that has stainless steel in both stages assuring you several years of service.
- Just like most other horizontal Omega juicers, the NC800 has a strong and comfortable built-in handle. One can easily carry and handle the it when using it.
- One of its strengths is that it delivers a high yield of juice from leafy greens. With the single auger, you will have more juice that gets extracted from this kind of produce. Green juicing is a great way to detox and cleanse your system.
- The juicer is easy to clean after use and has fewer washable parts compared to other masticating juicers in the market.
- With the 80 rpm speed that the juicer spins at, it makes this juicer have quiet operations as it produces a soothing hum instead of the jet engine sound that centrifugal juicers produce.
- The Omega juicer is made up of BPA-free plastic. You get guaranteed of healthy juices and drinks whose flavor won’t get changed. BPA sometimes seep into the food or drink that the container carries but with this juicer, you will end up with the natural taste of the juices.
- The juicer preserves the nutrients of your juices and drinks as you prepare them. All this becomes possible since the juicer’s auger rotates slowly and never produces any heat or even introduces oxygen that might damage your juice’s nutrients. The juicer produces a pulpier juice when compared to centrifugal juicers.
- The juicer is very versatile, and one can use it to have all-natural nut butter, soy milk, healthy ice cream, baby food and a great variety of healthy snacks.
- The NC800 comes with a lengthy fifteen-year warranty from the manufacturer. You get the peace of mind and an assurance that you will get to enjoy many years of service from the juicer.
Drawbacks of the NC800
- Unfortunately life has taught us that nothing is perfect for everyone, and there are some aspects of this juicing machine that could be better.
- It is not the fastest juicer in the world. It is not specific to the NC800, but it is something common of all masticating juicers. The juicer operates at slow speeds to juice, so if you need a fast machine then this model would not be the best option.
- Price is also a drawback as this is one of the more expensive models on the market. It will cost you slightly north of $300 if you want to own one, but there always some deals available online.
- Juicing soft fruit is not the NC800’s strong suit. No matter what setting the end cap is on, some fruits may come out mushy and the juice produced will have a lot of pulp. Alternating hard and soft food is one way to help minimize this.
Despite some of its minor issues, this Omega juicer is something that you should consider if you are in the market for a new juice extractor. With its reliable performance, high vegetable juice yield, versatility, and new improvements, the NC800 has taken juicing to a new level of perfection. Its design is also something that will stand out in any kitchen. Do your diet and your body a favor by drinking your fruits and veggies with the help of an awesome juicing machine.
If you want to see the NC800 in action we were able to find a great video demonstrating how well it juices different vegetables.